8″ (20.3 cm)
8" (20.3 cm)
- Precision forged construction for better strength and durability
- Ergonomic Santoprene® handle offers superior comfort and a non slip grip, even with wet hands
- High-carbon German cutlery steel resists rust, corrosion, and discoloration
- Shortened bolster exposes full blade edge, allowing for easier sharpening
- Bolster strengthens the knife, adds durability, and provides excellent balance for better handling when cutting food
- Granton edge provides grooves which create a small air space between the product being cut and the knife to ease slicing
- Tang provides excellent balance
- Taper ground edge allows for added stability, easy honing, long lasting sharpness, and increased efficiency when cutting and chopping
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Use with Knife Guard M33113P
The finest handle in forged cutlery. A perfect blend of modern technology and finely crafted German steel.
Product MaterialHigh-Carbon German Steel
It is not recommended to wash your knife in a dishwasher. The performance of your knife can be diminished if not cared for properly. Please follow these guidelines to maximize the performance of Mercer’s knives:
After each use, carefully wash cutlery by hand with warm water and mild- to medium-strength soap; rinse and thoroughly dry it with a soft towel.
Cutlery should never be washed in a dishwasher: the intense heat and radical temperature changes may cause the handle to deteriorate; the blade edges will become dull through rubbing against each other; and caustic soap will cause staining and pitting of the blade.
Cutlery should not be soaked or submerged for long periods. Chlorine and bleach products discolor and pit high-carbon steel. If chlorine or bleach products come in contact with the blade, thoroughly rinse off immediately.
Galvanic action—the transfer of electrons from one metal to another—may cause pitting on the blades. To prevent this, avoid long periods of soaking in aluminum pans or a stainless steel sink, remove cutlery from condiments (such as mayonnaise) stored in aluminum or stainless steel pans.
Always store cutlery in a cutlery block or sheath to preserve the cutting edges and prevent personal injury.